Sustainable Innovation is the binding thread of our entire supply chain, with a particular focus on product, process and materials development. In our pursuit of innovation we also care deeply about any impacts this focus may have on the environment and on those people involved.
All our crews across our businesses strongly focus on sustainability. We believe that what distinguishes truly outstanding products is not only best product quality and performance but also the commitment to environmental and social responsibility of the manufacturer. We believe that innovations require processes that promote and improve sustainability in the use of resources by manufacturers that is of benefit to consumers. We will continuously work to improve our processes and practices as technologies and material science advance. Because this commitment is ingrained throughout our businesses, our systems and our product development strategies, we will make consistent and measurable progress in implementing our commitments.
For these reasons, our objective is to develop:
- Those product designs and products that most effectively and efficiently meet our customers’ requirements;
- Stable processes with the smallest possible impacts on environments and people;
- Materials that use environmentally friendly (renewable/recycled) from
- Operationally effective and efficient solutions that provide added value to our customers.
To achieve these objectives and improve the sustainability aspects, our innovation management are concentrating our efforts on the following fields of action:
Commitments to innovation excellence:
- We will continuously improve our processes, practices, and products and strive to constantly improve efficiency and effectiveness of our development efforts and processes.
- We will implement structured processes to identify solutions with the lowest impact on the environment, our workplaces and on product safety.
- We will make sustainability an integral part of our R&D and innovation processes.
- Cutting-edge product design, raw material, and process know-how, as well as state-of-the-art tools and methods. Innovation fun and lessons learned will allow us to create best-in-class manufacturing solutions.
- We will work collaboratively to develop sustainable, market-driven, and innovative solutions to the challenges in our markets so as to demonstrate our commitment to innovation excellence to all our stakeholders and to the public.
- Create positive working environment.
- Maintain equal opportunities for all staff.
- Support local community initiatives.
Highest standards of product safety and stewardship
So as to meet and continuously improve on the highest standards of product development, we will focus on three goals: optimal customer benefit; highest safety standards; and maximum environmental compatibility. We will strive to understand and manage the health, environmental, and social impact associated with our products, pass this understanding and information along our supply chains.
Identification of customer needs and requirements
We will engage in an open dialogue with our customers to understand their needs and requirements in these critical areas, thereby allowing us to develop value added products and services that are sustainable and that provide competitive advantages.
Training and knowledge management
We will continuously seek to improve the price/performance ratios of our products and services by training our employees, by actively promoting knowledge management and by sharing within the group.
R&D cooperation and innovation networks
In close cooperation with universities, research institutions, and suppliers we conduct basic research to constantly grow our knowledge of materials, processes, and products.
New and renewable materials
We are constantly investigating alternative raw materials that offer environmental protection benefits.
People are a very important element in the lives of our businesses. Our fundamental employment policy is to provide not just a job but a career, allowing our people thereby to obtain security in a caring workplace and in their community for themselves and their loved ones.
Sustainability Program is an agenda item on the monthly management meeting.
Group CEO / Business Development heads up sustainability supported by the B.O.D.
It is important to take an active role and not just to talk.
PETER H. L. WOODD